Click any point to explore a topic further.
Get Your Flu Shot - September 2022
Each year flu causes millions of illnesses, hundreds of thousands of hospitalizations, and tens of thousands of deaths in the United States. Flu viruses are constantly changing and so flu vaccines are updated often to keep up. It is now time to get your vaccination against Influenza to protect both yourself and loved ones.
- Influenza Q and A video link: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=1728691120509597
- Additional Information: https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/influenza-(seasonal)
Controlling High Blood Pressure - August 2022
Hydration & Summer Safety - July 2022
Many of us struggle to stay hydrated throughout the day, but it is especially important to do so during the hotter months. We hope these resources will help remind you why hydration is so important and how to increase your water intake.
- Water and Healthier Drinks | Healthy Weight, Nutrition, and Physical Activity | CDC
- Hydration: Why It’s So Important – familydoctor.org
- 6 Smart Tips for Staying Hydrated Throughout the Day | Everyday Health
- Benefits of Drinking Water: How It Affects Your Energy, Weight & More (healthline.com)
- (8) Get Healthy: Hydration | NBC News Learn – YouTube
Men's Health Awareness Month - June 2022
June is Men’s Health Awareness Month! This topic talk is meant to heighten awareness of potential health conditions that impact men as well as boys. These conditions may be preventable by increasing awareness, developing healthy habits, early detection, and treatment. We hope these resources empower men and boys to seek regular medical advice and early treatment for diseases and injuries.
Nutrition & Healthy Eating- May 2022
In May we want to focus on Better Nutrition Habits. Most medical plans include Nutrition counseling. Ditch the diets and learn how to eat right for life by visiting a food and nutrition expert (or your physician). Most plans offer this service virtually or in person. Explore the links below to find easy ways to reshape your nutritional habits.
Fitness & Exercise - April 2022
As spring is upon us, many turn their thoughts to fitness and exercise. We here at Equinox are doing so and have made the employee engagement topic for the month of April, “Fitness & Exercise”. Below are various articles on starting a fitness program, the best workouts for beginners and the benefits one can realize by engaging in physical activity.
Mental Health: Managing Stress, Depression & Anxiety - March 2022
Heart Health - February 2022
Do you know heart disease is the leading cause of death in the United States, causing about 1 in 4 deaths? The term “Heart Disease” refers to several types of heart conditions. In the United States, the most common type of heart disease is coronary artery disease (CAD), which can lead to a heart attack. You can significantly reduce your risk for heart disease through lifestyle changes and, in some cases, medicine.
Living a healthy lifestyle can help keep your blood pressure, cholesterol, and blood sugar levels normal and lower your risk for heart disease and heart attack.
- Aetna: Cholesterol Member Flyer
- Aetna: Pathway to a Heart-Healthy Diet
- Aetna: Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension
- Capital Blue Cross: Heart Health Video
- CDC: About Heart Disease
- Cigna: A Healthy Heart Valentine’s Day
- Cigna: Understanding Hypertension (High blood pressure)
- Geisinger: Heart & Circulation Articles
- Geisinger: Heart Disease in Women
- Highmark: Heart Disease Member Flyer
- Independence Blue Cross: Be Smart About Heart Disease
- United Healthcare: Real Appeal- Weight Loss (UHC members only)